The Healthy Trees, Healthy Cities is an initiative of The Nature Conservancy with programs currently running in Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, and Tennessee.
Healthy Trees, Healthy Cities is improving the health of America’s trees by engaging people in hands-on tree care and inspiring a new generation of environmental stewards. How do we do it?
We start with:
- Assessing urban forest health to inform tree planting and management;
- Training volunteers in tree stewardship and tree health monitoring;
- Engaging youth and the public;
- Raising awareness about the importance of trees and what people can do to keep trees healthy through education and outreach; and
- Working with local partners to ensure the successful implementation of the program.